In the Middle of the Muddles
I am actually going to roll most of today’s post over to tomorrow but the title really tells you why. It has been a very muddlesome day one way and another including
- Desperate indigestion first thing
- Frustrations with my mobile crashing and not charging
- Awaiting a phone call which never came
- Going to Forfar early and then not being focused on an activity before my appointment
- Job Centre Adviser moving the goal posts again
- Only having an hour at home before I had to go out to Community Council
- The Community Council meetings was shambolic … and then the Chairman resigned and then another member resigned
… and I am still mulling it all over and getting it straight in my head.
I did have highlights though – a wee chat with Weather Guru and a fun conversation with the bus driver on the homeward journey – when I was boarding he was staring out of the windscreen saying “thanks bye” “thanks bye” to his departing passengers. He was the same driver that brought Pup home and of course that was his first question “How is your dog?” … it didn’t take long to get the cheeky grin back on his face … it was good to have a laugh and I hope it cheered the end of his shift up too.
My job centre advisor is right – it is the isolation when you are not at work – but not the isolation she was meaning of not having colleagues – it is the isolation within your wider community and from doing your normal daily routines.