Just 1 More Sleep …
… finally it is here!
I still have a long todo list to try and complete on my last day but I will be remembering my promise to myself to do my best and not feel guilty if my best is found wanting.
Never mind all that – what about my Megarider travels today? Well the bus this morning behaved and nothing untoward happened on our journey (well apart from the pigeon who took off and skimmed the front of the bus and survived!) I had to use a bus from another company in the City today which cost me an extra £3.20.
I had a relatively relaxed day because we needed to make a little DVD about yesterday’s meeting. This involves working in the E-Lab (which is always peaceful) and working with a colleague who has become a firm friend. After a few delays and setbacks we eventually got it done before I set off across the City on a trek to complete a couple of messages (errands hereabouts).
Then things got less good! The bus home decided it wasn’t feeling at all well – slowed to a crawl, stuck in gear. A call went out from the driver for a replacement bus and he was asked to try and keep going to the depot. To my knowledge that bus was reported faulty a week ago (I was on it at the time) and it is still faulty because it is awaiting parts! Eventually we limped to the depot and ‘stole’ another bus for the remainder of the journey… arriving home around 20 minutes late. I really felt for the driver having to drive along a fast dual carriageway in a bus that was so slow it was a hazard to other traffic.
- Completed a few things on my todo list;
- Helped out a colleague with information on an ad hoc basis;
- Progressed the work I had been involved with in another case;
- Worked with someone who is a friend as well as colleague;
- Held my daughters hand ‘virtually’ whilst she dealt with a big spider;
- Got frustrated with the IT and then the bus; and
- Am still dehydrated after yesterday’s migraine!